Monday, April 19, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

So, as I am navigating the new blogs and websites that interest me, I am finding a lot of new recipes to try and money saving ideas that I would LOVE to put into use here at home! 

I decided to cook this casserole last night that I found online on the website Recipe Lion.   It was a hit!  Now, I think next time I may add a little more salt and pepper to taste, but other than that... it was good!  You can even make it ahead and freeze or put in the frig the night before.  Best of all, there aren't a lot of ingredients that you need to go hunting for.  It says it serves 4, and it does...4 rather large portions and second helpings, with enough left over for the baby to have for dinner tonight. 

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces macaroni, uncooked
  • 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 4 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups milk
Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a 13 X 9 baking dish.  You can cover it and put into refrigerator for future cooking.  Make sure you take out one hour before baking.  I put mine straight into the oven which was preheated to 350 degrees.
  2. Bake 1 hour.  Do not add water, the soup is enough to cook macaroni.
Hope everyone enjoys! Make sure you let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment