Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a great day!

So far, this day has been productive and enjoyable! It has been a long time since I have been able to say that, at least since June.  Brennan woke me up a little earlier than I wanted this morning and after a few fits he was quickly dispatched back to bed.  LOL He is cutting his eye teeth, and can be a bit cranky when he isn't getting his way.
Late morning we got him up again and went to watch Paden play 3rd grade level tackle football!  How fun was that?!? I haven't seen my friend LaVonne in quite a while, and hadn't met her new man, Coby.  He is really nice and we are going to get to spend more time with them next Saturday for Jacee's 4th birthday party.  I'm really looking forward to it. 
Some of my goals that I make for myself center around trying new recipes, getting some scrapbooking done, and organizing.  Today I will have done 2 out of 3.  No scrapbooking was done today, although I really need to get back on that.  I like doing it in the winter because its not as nice out to go anywhere and do anything.  So, today, I made homemade croutons.  We had some italian bread left over from a spaghetti dinner we had during the week, so I cut it up into cubes along with a few pieces of texas toast that was close to death...drizzled it with some olive oil and melted butter, then tossed in some kosher salt, garlic powder, and fresh ground peppercorns.  Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, and Yummy!! Jeremy and I have been picking at them since I pulled them out of the oven!  I need to make a salad so that I can eat them! LOL I don't think I will ever buy store croutons again!
Yesterday on my way home, I stopped at Walmart to pick up some diapers.  I happened by the meat section and they had beef brisket for $0.98/lb!! Holy Cow! Literally.  So I grabbed a 10 pound slab of brisket, cut it up into 3 sections and threw one section in the crockpot this morning with some Skull Creek BBQ Brisket Rub on it and some onions for flavor. It's been in since about 8 am, and smells super good!! I have some hamburger buns and some BBQ sauce to pair up with the brisket for dinner, I can't wait!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!  I may write more if I try out these Buzz Balls I have been holding onto tonight.  I've tried one already, but I have 2 more waiting and I want to try all three samples before giving them a thumbs up or down.  They are small but pack a punch, or Buzz... keep an eye out for the next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment